Friday 21 September 2012

Week 9 Architecture is a Device.

In my opinion this weeks lecture comments that architecture is a tool for designers to reflect or direct society. Taking away the issues of scale from last week, this week I feel that I should be focusing more so on what I want to achieve / what I want my building to do.

In answer to these questions, I want to focus at reinforcing the aspects of sustainability from project one. They are social, economical and environmental. When I consider this, the logical use is a market place, it embodies interaction, currency exchange as well as promoting the idea of a closer to home source of consumer products.

A market place also offers a unique experience based on design, layout and featured products. Most markets are adaptable and by adding a demonstration component (presenting sustainable agriculture), the proposed use would answer the question of an architectural fiction.

Now I just need to narrow down on what I am going to present.

No comments:

Post a Comment