Friday 14 September 2012

Week 8 Lecture Sustainability

This weeks lecture was based around redefining sustainability in terms of the built environment and its life cycles. This means considering cradle to grave, or in a better sense cradle to cradle. From this lecture the clear message is adaptive design, the consideration of use and re use of built infrastructure.

In relation to my site, I think this lecture leads in the direction of material, construction and purpose. It raises issues of a permanent vs ephemeral development on the site. At first, an ephemeral development makes sense as its sparsely  populated, however one of my goals is to create a more permanent use for the site.

I believe a building that uses local materials to the greatest extent and serves a purpose in all uses of the site situated can justify a permanent larger scale development.

The question I take from today is scale. size and use.

No comments:

Post a Comment